Environmental Information Management System (EIMS)
The Environmental Information Management System (EIMS) is a system for providing timely and reliable information for environmental planning and decision-making for the Twin Cities Metropolitan Area (TCMA) of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota. Metropolitan Council Environmental Services (MCES), a division of the Metropolitan Council, developed the EIMS to provide access to environmental data, analysis, and documents from various sources through a single, integrated system. The Metropolitan Council is the regional planning agency serving the TCMA and providing essential services to the region.
Did you know?
A spilled quart of motor oil, gasoline, or anti-freeze can pollute 250,000 gallons of drinking water.
- Produces dynamic, "on-the-spot" reports from a data warehouse for pre-defined data topics.
- Pulls water-quality monitoring data from thousands of sites at area lakes, rivers, streams, and wastewater treatment plants.
- Contains more than 13 million records with data spanning more than two decades for some sites, with more being added every day.
BEFORE YOU START
- You may experience a delay in retrieving the results for your first few data requests while your browser indicates that the page is done loading. Please wait. The results generally appear within 30 to 40 seconds for the first few requests and faster thereafter.
- To avoid wasting a lot of time looking for data that do not exist, read the tips on searching and retrieving data.
Looking for additional water data and information?
Did you know that there are other Minnesota state agencies that publish water information and water data? Check out the Key Water Information Catalogue.
- Related maps show other environmental information such as land use, aerial photography, and more.
- The dynamic reports do not interpret or summarize the data. Professional staff reports that do summarize and interpret the data are available through the EIMS Related Documents section of this web site.
- EIMS lists current industrial discharge permit holders discharging into the regional wastewater system.
Do you need help running the dynamic reports? Would you like to find a detailed technical analysis or a summary report prepared by MCES staff? Do you need help with terminology? Do you want to find out more about the data warehouse and the data it contains? Several user support services are provided to help you navigate the site and find the data you want.